SSS is an internationally recognised steel stockholder and distributor of Nickel and other Super Alloys in both solid cut blanks and semi-machined components.
SSS has a moderate occupational health and safety risk and considers the management of these risks within its activities to be an integral part of the business performance.
The Company operates an Occupational Health and Safety Management System that complies with the Company Policy and the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
The company is committed to (but not restricted by) ensuring that its operations comply with the applicable legislation, regulations and with all other requirements to which the organisation subscribes to that relates to OH&S hazards and is committed to the prevention of injury and ill health by:
- Formally identifying, measuring and controlling the hazards of its operations that have a potential to cause injury, ill health, damage to equipment and property.
- Seeking to continually improve its OH&S management and performance across the business.
- Implementing structured Health and Safety objectives, targets and programmes throughout all of the business.
- Ensuring that all employees, contractors and visitors to our facilities are aware of this policy, and where necessary, are formally trained in the Health and Safety hazards and aspects of their duties and the environment.
- Implementing formal management systems to a nationally recognised standard.
- This policy is available to all interested parties and used to incorporate any third party requirements within the business.
The Company's Policy is to ensure that SSS provides a service that has been contained and controlled in a safe working environment.
The Policy is reviewed annually as part of the management review process. However, a formal review is undertaken whenever there are significant changes to legislation or the criteria to which the policy relates.